|Chilean Universities Program, Santiago Volunteer Opportunities|
Length of opportunity:
3.0 (4.0 scale)
One or two semesters
Volunteer opportunities are available in conjunction with the Chilean Universities Program, Santiago.
Possible volunteer opportunities in Santiago include placements with the following:
• World Vision Chile, an international organization which works with children at social risk. Students can assist in leading art, sports and English workshops for children.
• Corporación Construye, an organization dedicated to renovating and making home improvements for low income senior citizens.
• AyudArte works with low income and at risk children in Puente Alto in southwest Santiago and conducts workshops on theater, music, dance and visual arts.
• Fundación Las Rosas has nursing homes and assisted living facilities for low income and/or disabled senior citizens. It provides housing and services to independent, semi-independent and dependent senior citizens who are living in poverty and do not have family to take care of them.
• María Ayuda is dedicated to the prevention of child abuse and rehabilitation for abused and abandoned children to help them grow and develop in a dignified way.
• Fundación Súmate focuses on the education of at-risk and low-income children and youth, through various projects including special schools, scholarships and employment training.
For more information about volunteering during your semester or year on the Chilean Universities Program, Santiago, contact your IFSA-Butler program advisor.