Did you study abroad with IFSA-Butler or the Alliance for Global Education? Then we would love to see you apply to be a Global Ambassador!
As an Ambassador, your role will be to advocate for the merits of study abroad on your campus. You're probably already planning on doing this, so this is a way to formalize, and get paid for, your encouragement to other students.
The expectations of a Global Ambassador include:
- Meet with the IFSA-Butler/Alliance field director in your region when she or he comes to your campus in the fall and spring, and help with any on-campus study abroad fairs or displays.
- Join and participate in our Ambassador Group on Facebook.
- Complete two projects of your own during the course of the semester (one campus project and one reflection project).
Examples of possible campus projects include, but are not limited to:
- Present a study abroad info session to a club, organization or series of classes on campus
- Partner with your study abroad office to host an internationally focused event during freshman orientation, parents’ weekend, homecoming or International Education Week
- Host a panel addressing such topics as being a women of color abroad, being a member of the LGBTQ+ community abroad, being a student with a disabilities abroad or being a first generation college student abroad
- Display a study abroad photo series in a gallery space on campus
Examples of possible reflection projects include, but are not limited to:
- Create a digital story
- Contribute to our Alumni blog
- Assist the IFSA-Butler/Alliance team with other projects, such as social media outreach or predeparture advising
Click here to read our fall 2015 ambassador newsletter!
This program is not only meant to encourage international study, but to provide you with a valuable outlet for professional development. To be eligible as a Global Ambassador, you must:
- Be a past participant of an IFSA-Butler or Alliance for Global Education program
- Be in good standing upon completion of your program
- Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate at your home campus
- Be capable of working independently Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess a high degree of enthusiasm about study abroad
Now, what do you receive in return for being a Global Ambassador? Here are some of the benefits:
- Engage with your peers and encourage them to have the once-in-a-lifetime experience abroad that you had.
- Gain valuable professional skills through your marketing efforts and on-campus projects.
- Add a leadership role to your resume that will help you stand out from your peers
- Learn how to identify and communicate the value of your study abroad experience to future employers (and friends, of course!)
- Receive a $150 stipend per semester. Additional funds will be distributed for activities, events and presentations that are above and beyond the expectations stated above.
We sincerely hope this is an opportunity that interests and excites you, and that you will join our team as a Global Ambassador. To apply, click the application button above.