For Students: An Exciting Plunge into Academics and Foreign Cultures
Student Insurance

Health Insurance Abroad

All IFSA-Butler programs include comprehensive accident and illness insurance. The insurance is included in our program fees and is mandatory for every IFSA-Butler student. Click here for specific details about the coverage.

National Health Plans

Most countries where we have programs do not give international students access to national health care plans. Even in those countries that do, health plans usually exclude mental illness or pre-existing conditions, and of course they will not cover injuries or illnesses during travel in other countries.

IFSA-Butler pays for mandatory university insurance coverage for students studying in New Zealand and Australia. Students studying in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland for six months or longer are covered under the United Kingdom’s National Health Service.

Emergency Assistance Services

IFSA-Butler's program fee also includes emergency assistance services from CISI-AXA. Services include:

  • Worldwide hospital and physician referral
  • Emergency prescription replacement
  • 24 hour nurse assistance
  • 24 hour emergency travel arrangements
  • Emergency translation assistance
  • Lost documents assistance

Travel and Personal Property Insurance

In addition to health insurance, we highly recommend purchasing travel and personal property insurance. Some countries, including New Zealand, require students to submit proof of personal property insurance as a condition for registration in courses.

Institute for Study Abroad, Alliance For Global Education and MORE CULTURE. LESS SHOCK. are registered marks of the Institute for Study Abroad, Inc.