- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A RESIDENT DIRECTOR?
- To be a part of our students' discovery process in Chile, in terms of both language and culture learning. To help them find the resources they want/need as they gain more confidence in navigating this culture. I also enjoy hearing their stories about small surprises and big adventures.
- TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND.
- After finishing college in the U.S., I returned to Chile in 1988 at the beginning of the "transition to democracy" period. I hold a master's degree in Development Studies and International Education. I have lived in the Valparaíso area for last 11 years, working in study abroad and language education. My family and I live near a fishing cove just north of the city.
- WHAT IS A VISITOR MUST-SEE IN VALPARAÍSO?
- The beautiful and imaginative street murals and the century-old (but safe!) hillside funicular railways that connect many of the city's 42 hills with its center.
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT BUSY WORKING?
- I love to go take a swim in the Pacific Ocean near my home. I also love listening to music, especially live, and like Afro-Latin American, Canto Nuevo and some Latin rock music styles. Valparaíso has a very vibrant music scene!
- WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE PLACE IN THE WORLD TO VISIT?
- Southern Mexico, Northern India and Chile's Easter Island. Each has its own enchanting attractions for me.
- Visit our Valparaíso resident office website