Lynne Alvarez, Senior Resident Director, England Programs
- WHAT DO YOU ENJOY MOST ABOUT BEING A RESIDENT DIRECTOR?
- I love planning events and enjoy getting to know the students.
- WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE STUDENT EVENT TO ORGANIZE?
- Adventure Weekend. It's so much fun coordinating all the different activities our students can do. Students can participate in hiking, canoeing, mountain biking, climing, abseiling, team building exercises and lots of other fun activities. My favorite is the go karting.
- TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR BACKGROUND.
- I was born and brought up in Norfolk but I eventually realised I needed to spread my wings so I moved to London. After meeting my husband I lived in Mexico City for four years. Eventually we decided to return to London, a place both of us loved for its diversity and cultural offerings.
- WHAT IS A VISITOR "MUST-SEE" IN ENGLAND?
- Where do I start? Roman Baths in Bath, Hampton Court Palace and finally the Royal Jewels in the Tower of London!
- WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU'RE NOT BUSY WORKING WITH STUDENTS?
- I love art history and photography and have taken courses in both subjects. My other passion is gardening. Ever since a recent trip to Japan I am now re-creating a Japanese style garden at my home. I love travelling to far flung places around the globe. I am also mad about cooking and cats!
- WHAT'S YOUR DREAM VACATION?
- This is difficult because I have lots of dream places to visit but I suppose I have always wanted to visit the Polynesian islands where Gauguin the French artist lived.
- Watch Lynne's video welcome to students
- Visit our England/Wales resident office website