Study Abroad Programs in Israel
Only in Israel can you combine an academically rigorous study abroad experience with a sense of adventure and the unique opportunity to live in one of the world's most fascinating countries. Israel is home to innumerable sacred sites and ancient civilizations, and history is evident at every turn. At the same time, however, the country is also a modern, urbanized society with great cultural attractions, nightlife and entertainment.
Israel may be small, but its surprising range of climates provides great opportunities for sports, adventure and eco-tourism. The coastal plains boast pristine beaches along the Mediterranean Sea, while the mountainous areas of the north offer terrific skiing and hiking opportunities. The southern and eastern portions of the country are a desert climate and the middle area is a semi-arid zone with less extreme weather but still plenty of sunshine. In recent years the Israeli government has made a great push toward "greening" its countless tourist attractions to ensure that they are sustainable and accessible to future visitors.
Our program is based in the principal city of Jerusalem, a city that has captured imaginations for millennia. One of the most sacred and historic cities in the world, Jerusalem is the perfect place to spend an exciting and enlightening semester or year.
To learn more about our dedicated on-site staff, student services and events in Israel, visit our Israel resident office website.
Israel Study Abroad Program Dates and Fees
See individual program pages for program dates!
Below are links to our fees for all programs in Israel. You can also visit program pages for individual program dates and fees.
Spring semester fees are available online around October 1. Fall semester and academic year fees are available around April 1.
Fall semester 2016
Academic year 2016
Spring semester 2016
What's included in our Israel program fees
IFSA-Butler scholarship opportunities
Study Abroad Orientation & Excursions in Israel
Arrival and orientation
- Group flght arrangements
- Airport pick-up
- Ten-day (semester program) or three-day (summer program) IFSA-Butler orientation in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem includes transportation, tours, sessions and most meals
- On-site orientation by Rothberg International School, Hebrew University
IFSA-Butler orientation activities and sessions
- Introduction to Israeli Culture and Cross-Cultural Analysis
- Academic Differences and Expectations
- Traveling Around Israel and the Middle East
- Security-Media Terror
Tours and workshops:
- Guided visit to the food market: Shuk and Cook course
- Safety awareness tour and talk
- Street arts tour and graffiti workshop
- Shopping essentials for the semester
- Guided visits to Tel Aviv and the Old City of Jerusalem
Semester cultural events
- Culture tour of the Old City of Jerusalem
- Tour of the religious sites of the three major world religions
- Holocaust Museum visit
- Palestinian-Israeli conflict lecture
- Meeting with New Palestinian Leadership program
- Photography workshop
- Mini sailing course on the Mediterranean Sea
- Shabbat service and dinner
- "Understanding Kabbalah" day trip
- North Weekend (Visit and experience different communities, cultures and religions)
- South Weekend (Visit and experience different communities, cultures and religions)
- Social Laboratory Israel day trip: Visit and learn about the new Kibbutz, Moshav, Fair Communities, City-Kibbutz, etc.
- Intercultural communication trainings