Enlightenment, Revolution, and Romanticism in Edinburgh
Length of program:
5 weeks, early July-early August
February 1 (early bird) and March 1 (regular)http://studyabroad.ucsd.edu/programs/global-seminars/edinburgh/index.html
IFSA-Butler is pleased to offer this unique Global Seminar program to all U.S. universities in partnership with the University of California at San Diego. Non-UC San Diego students must apply through UC San Diego and are encouraged to contact Tonia Pizer by email or phone at 858-534-1123 with any questions regarding the program, its content or requirements.
What this program has to offer
- The chance to live and study in one of Britain's most culturally rich cities for five weeks
- A unique opportunity to take UC San Diego courses in Scotland's beautiful setting
- Courses that focus on history, taught in the heart of historic Edinburgh
- Program balances coursework with field visits to important historical sites around Edinburgh
- Excursion to nearby Stirling and the National Wallace Monument commemorating the Scottish war hero known as Braveheart.
- Students live in apartments within walking distance from classes
- Apartments offer double bedrooms with shared bathrooms, kitchens and living spaces
- Housing is within walking distance of the city center
The curriculum includes two courses taught by a UC San Diego professor:
- Enlightenment, Revolution and Romanticism
- Scotland & England: Civil War and Revolution, 1601-1689
Students earn a total of 6 U.S. semester credit hours. Courses are transcripted by UC San Diego.