Funding Your Study Abroad Experience
At IFSA-Butler we believe in transparency. You need to fully understand the financial commitment of traveling abroad, so we won’t hide costs like books, local expenses, or airfare. Our “total cost of attendance” approach helps you and your family plan for expenses realistically. It also allows you to maximize your financial aid coverage, since we include essentials like guaranteed housing, health and emergency insurance, field study trips and the Butler University transcript in our comprehensive fees.
Studying abroad through IFSA-Butler offers real advantages to you. We make your study abroad experience easier to manage and more meaningful.
Here are just a few of the many items included in our programs:
- A full course load of 15 or 16 credits (per semester, unless otherwise noted)
- Butler University transcripts for easy credit transfer
- Guaranteed pre-arranged housing on and off campus
- Airport pickup for students arriving according to program specifications
- Program orientation (including accommodation, most meals, transportation, activities and materials) plus new student orientation at your host university
- Organized day and weekend trips, cultural activities, and social events
- Full medical insurance plan for all students and access to local medical facilities
- 24-hour health and safety abroad, emergency assistance and support from on-site IFSA-Butler staff
Scholarships and Financial Aid
We believe study abroad should be within the reach of every student and are committed to offering a wide range of scholarships and study abroad funding opportunities. From traditional scholarships to need-based aid, you will find lots of ways to make study abroad a reality.
Check out all our scholarships and financial aid programs.
Federal Financial Aid
You can actually apply most federal financial aid toward study abroad. This includes financial programs like Guaranteed Student Loans (GSL/Stafford), Pell Grants and Parent/PLUS Loans. Even students on the Post 9/11 GI Bill can generally use their tuition benefits to help cover the cost of study abroad for a term.
It’s important to talk to your financial aid officer and study abroad office early on to determine which scholarships, grants, loans and other tuition-assistance programs are transferrable from your home university. Institutional aid like presidential or endowed scholarships may not apply, but you may be able to fill that gap with one of IFSA-Butler’s many scholarship and financial aid programs. As part of our scholarship determination process, please be prepared to send us your home campus award letter as outlined on the scholarship page.
Meet Our Team
Our Finance team is available to help answer any financial questions you may have.
Making Your Payment
We understand that your education is a major investment for you and your family, so we offer several payment options, including payment installments and credit card processing. Contact our Finance team for an individualized consultation on your options.
Defer your payment
Need to defer your payment? Work with your financial aid officer to complete and return this payment deferral form to us.
Make an online payment
Click here to make on online payment using a credit card.