While I figure out how to post a video on here…
…I will type out a quick blog!!
I am in LEEDS! WAHOO!
So sorry for the delay in my postings..I was too busy hanging with Harry and Ron..
I flew into London on Monday for the IFSA Butler orientation! It was such a fun-filled two days. We ate a lot, laughed a lot, learned a lot, and even saw One Man Two Gunors in London’s West End. It recently came to Broadway and I would 100% recommend it to you! On Wednesday we said “Cheers” to London and headed North for Leeds! It was only about a 2 and 1/2 hour train ride, and the scenery was beautiful because everything was covered in snow!
We arrived, I made it to my dorm room, and then it was off to learn about my new university! Since being here, I have learned a few things:
1) If you chant “USA, USA, USA” after singing “I Will Survive” at an English pub, you may get booed off stage.
2) Anything that can be considered a weapon is illegal or controlled in some way, including but not limited to: guns, bombs, knives, forks, pepper spray, keys, and thumbtacks.
3) English students dress like the hipsters in America, and their hair always looks great.
4) People will know you are American before you even open your mouth.
5) There is an old gothic-looking church near campus that has been turned into a dance club. I’m not sure how God, Allah, Muhammad, the Virgin Mary, Buddha, Zeus, Morgan Freeman, or any other key religious figure feels about it. So if I go there, I will in fact wear flats, loose-fitting jeans, and a turtleneck. Better safe than sorry.
I hope that this fact list has helped you understand what I have experienced here thus far! Hopefully I will learn how to upload a video soon — until then, I will leave you with a quote from Downton Abbey:
“Martha: History and tradition took Europe into a world war. Maybe you should think about letting go of its hand.”
Until next time,