Ready for Ireland! Maybe. Possibly. Hopefully.
I’m a little bit in denial about packing a year’s worth of clothing/other necessities (what’s actually a necessity, I’m not sure) into one suitcase. Other than that, I’m set.
Kidding. I have just about two weeks before I head to Cork for 10 months and it’s all a blur. That is kind of a big deal and maybe I should start thinking about some logistics, aside from YAY IRELAND. For a while now, studying abroad has been this abstract concept that apparently (according to every person I talk to) I’m going to love. I believe them, I do. I am so excited, but a year of my life in a different place with brand new people is tough to fathom.
Here’s a list of things to do, some of which I’ve done because I’m all prepared and such:
- I said goodbye to most of my friends from school already. CHECK
- Say goodbye to my cat.
- I’ve already told my mother that I won’t be crying in the airport and she’s not allowed to either because that would be ridiculous. We’ll see each other in December, it’ll be fine, really. CHECK
- I purchased rain boots. CHECK
- Read the Irish history section of that guidebook
- Don’t overpack
- Be ready for damp, cold weather. Oh wait, I’m from Vermont, never mind.
- Not freak out when everyone goes back to school and I have two weeks in limbo before I leave for Ireland.
- Get insanely thrilled for all of the change and people and culture I’m going to encounter. CHECK