Plans for spring break – Kiwi-style!
I know that I’m long overdue for a post – I have two separate drafts of two different topics saved, and just haven’t gotten around to posting them – MY B! I did promise to post something before I left for break, though, SOOO…
Here are my, Kelsie’s, and Brandi’s plans for the rest of our mid-trimester break, in a totally non-detailed itinerary sort of format:
- Bluebridge Ferry leaves Wellington at 8:00 a.m. (I gotta get up around 5:30 to make this happen. FML.)
- Pick up rental car from Picton, drive 2ish hours south along the east coast to Kaikoura.
- Walk the Peninsula Walkway; See the Maori Leap Cave.
- See what’s left of the city center.
- Christchurch art festival – “Earth from Above”
- Blue Penguin colony nighttime tour.
- Oamaru Gardens
August 27 & 28:
- Kelsie’s birthday bungy! At Nevis Bungy! Followed by a night out in Queenstown in celebration.
- Brandi & I partake in our own adventure activities, more on this later.
- Franz Josef Glacier
- Tramp the glaciers, take in some serious beauty.
August 30 & 31:
- Abel Tasman National Park
- Tramping, chilling, hot tubbing, more chilling, maybe some kayaking thrown in.
- Journey back to Picton through Nelson, where Brandi will get her tattoo!
- Arrive back in Wellington around 11 p.m.
And that’s all I’m giving you for now! Bed time! Pictures and stories to come when I get back!