13 MORE DAYS
Only 13 days left until I board a plane to Scotland and begin my adventure! I am feeling both extreme excitement and nervousness. So here is what I am doing now, with only 2 weeks left!
- Making sure all my medical stuff is taken care of
- Thinking about starting to pack my suitcases
- Making gifts to bring to my family in Scotland
In truth, I have not packed anything yet, and with just 13 days to go, I should probably start! It seems to overwhelming when I think about it, so I keep putting it off. Knowing me, I will probably start packing a week before I leave lol. I am sure there are more things I am doing/or should be doing lol, but I am just too excited to remember them all right now. Here are some things I am nervous about.
- Leaving my cat
- Leaving my family and friends
- Being too shy when I get to Scotland
- Getting lost while I am overseas
- How different the classes will be run
- The long plane ride
Not too many fears lol! I really will miss my cat, he is my baby, and I will probably miss him more than he will miss me! X) I tend to be an introvert, but I love meeting new people. I am hoping that when I am abroad, my introvert sort of disappears lol. Now on to the best part; THE EXCITEMENT!
- Visiting the castles
- Experiencing cool little restaurants
- Making new friends
- Meeting my family who lives in Scotland
- Taking pictures
- Learning about a different culture
- Experiencing how the school system works over there
- Using the University of Stirling’s pool, (I love swimming!!)
- Meeting the other people I will be living with!! (I’ve talked with them via Facebook, and they seem lovely)
- Having the first big adventure of my life!!
Photography is one of my favorite hobbies in the world. I do not do nearly as much as I would like, so this trip will be the perfect opportunity for picture taking!! J I love my home University, Saint Martin’s University, but unfortunately, we do not have a pool. Hence the reason I am stoked for using the University of Stirling’s pool. Swimming is one of my favorite extra-curricular activities. If I am lucky, I will acquire a swim buddy! This will be my first time traveling outside the United States, and my first time being away from my family for an extended period of time!! The challenges I will face will be many, but I am excited to take them head on!! J I cannot wait until I step onto that plane on the 25th!! I hope that everyone who has studied abroad, or is planning to, is/was as excited as I am!!!!