things to expect, part 2
I know I’ve already done part 1, but I decided to come up with new lists and group them into categories. Some may be repeated!
- Expect to see a gas stove. Which means you have to turn on a switch and light a match to get it going (I had to quickly get over my fear of matches, haha).
- Expect to see a jar(s) of dulce de leche in the fridge. Note: You probably won’t be able to help yourself as you sneak a spoonful of dulce from the jar 😛
- Expect to be able to drink from the tap (refills, yay).
- Expect to see fernet, coke, and water (congas and cingas) in the fridge.
- Expect juice to be concocted from a mix.
- Expect milk to be in a plastic bag.
- Expect food (i.e. leftovers) to have no covering, both in and out of the fridge.
- Expect coffee to be from instant coffee mixes.
- Expect no spicy food (since smoking affects taste buds, it seems that the food considered spicy here is significantly more bland than what I’m used to).
- Expect to see lots of desserts (indulgences everywhere)!
- Expect to see a bidet.
- Expect the toilet to hum for a few moments after flushing.