IFSA Job Openings
IFSA is currently hiring for the following positions:
- Assistant Field Director (multiple positions) – Indianapolis, IN
- Vice President for Academic Affairs – Indianapolis, IN
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) was founded in 1988 as a provider of study abroad programming for U.S. undergraduates. With student success in mind, the organization creates global learning environments designed to foster the development of critical perspectives, knowledge and skills essential for students to thrive in the future. Offering more than 100 programs in 20 countries, we draw upon theory and evidence-based practice to create a variety of program models and flexible academic options in alignment with the needs of partners and students. We take our commitment to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact seriously, and we look for energetic, positive-minded, adaptable people from diverse communities and cultures to help us transform our industry and the students we serve.
IFSA offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plan and generous paid time off. Tuition remission benefits are available to employees and their dependents at Butler University.
Hiring decisions are made on the basis of an individual’s qualifications, past experience, overall performance and other employment-related criteria. IFSA provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Assistant Field Director
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is seeking three Assistant Field Directors (AFDs), based in Indianapolis, IN. This positions requires a significant amount of domestic travel.
The Assistant Field Director position is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position based in Indianapolis at the IFSA office. Assistant Field Directors assist in developing university relationships and promoting IFSA programs to study abroad professionals, faculty, academic advisors, and students. Assistant Field Directors will provide support to the University Relations team by traveling extensively within Field Director regions, visiting current partners and cultivating relationships and growing overall student enrollment in IFSA programs.
A critical extension of the IFSA brand, Assistant Field Directors assist in connecting the organization with colleges and universities across the country. As such, it is important that Assistant Field Directors consistently convey and represent the IFSA mission, vision, and commitments as well as develop and maintain a thorough understanding of undergraduate degree programs. Assistant Field Directors must be as comfortable making campus presentations to a diverse group of students or faculty; these may include information sessions, pre-departure orientations, classroom visits, or presentations to residence halls, Greek housing, or clubs and campus associations.
The ideal candidate has experience in international education, higher education, educational sales, or promotional experience. Since the position requires a good amount of travel, candidates should be self-starters with the willingness to work alone, managing schedules, travel and reporting without daily direction. Assistant Field Directors must be detailed multi-taskers, capable of thinking quickly, with exceptional written and verbal communication skills and a general comfort with technology. They will also be expected to assist the University Relations team in efforts to drive enrollment and program approval through research projects, competitor analysis, and business development efforts such as phone calls and scheduling assistance.
Assistant Field Directors will work closely with all IFSA staff members, including Student Services, Resident Staff, Program Management and Development, Academic Affairs, Finance, Marketing, and IT. They should also represent the IFSA commitments personally and professionally.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- International education, higher education, and/or educational sales or promotional
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- International travel and/or study abroad experience preferred, but not required.
- Strong interpersonal skills (in person and over the phone) and high energy level.
- Excellent organizational, communication, public speaking, and advising skills.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, multi-task, and exercise discretion.
- Ability to assimilate and distill large volumes of information quickly.
Physical Abilities Required:
- Ability to lift 25-30 pound boxes.
- Ability to travel independently.
- Ability to drive and/or fly for long periods of time.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
IFSA offers a competitive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement plan and generous paid time off. No relocation costs will be paid. Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and contact information for three references to Jessica Auxier, Director of Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Assistant Field Director” in the subject line.
Vice President for Academic Affairs
The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) seeks a dynamic, innovative educator to join our team as Vice President for Academic Affairs (VPAA). This position provides a unique opportunity to shape an evolving organization and the long-term impact of education abroad on participants.
The VPAA provides academic leadership for IFSA by: overseeing the academic quality of programs; overseeing the development, assessment, and improvement of IFSA-taught curricula; developing and ensuring adherence to academic policies and procedures; and liaising with sending and host institutions. The VPAA provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of short- and long-term departmental goals that align with the organization’s strategic vision, including its commitments to diversity and inclusion, intercultural learning, and enhancing the outcomes of education abroad experiences. The VPAA reports to the President and CEO and serves on the executive leadership team. This position is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The qualified individual will possess the talent, drive and expertise to lead IFSA’s academic initiatives while ensuring continued adherence to high-quality instructional standards and professional practice. The full position description with detailed responsibilities can be found here.
Education and Work Experience:
- Advanced/terminal degree
- Experience working with and/or teaching postsecondary education students
- Experience working with faculty
- Curriculum development experience
- At least five years of supervisory or leadership experience
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of the U.S. educational system and degree plans, knowledge of educational systems worldwide
- Familiarity with study abroad for U.S. undergraduate students
- Proficiency with teaching and learning strategies, familiarity with academic advising strategies
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders from diverse communities and cultures
- Strong time management skills and the ability to execute time-sensitive projects successfully
- Evidence of superior interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts to audiences of various knowledge levels and backgrounds
- Evidence of innovation and initiative in prior work, including the ability to propose and implement strategies to support organizational priorities
- Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Initial screening of applicants will begin September 24, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. Candidates should send cover letter, CV, salary requirements and contact information for three professional references to Jessica Auxier, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com. Please include “Vice President for Academic Affairs” in the subject line.