- Fall: April 1
- Spring: October 15—Extended to October 30
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Burren College of Art
Find your inspiration on the beautiful west coast of Ireland! Hone your craft with a small cohort of devoted and practicing artists on the grounds of a restored 16th-century castle. With your own dedicated studio space and individualized tutorials, unlock your creativity and pursue your passion with undivided attention.
Burren College of Art Benefits
- Live and learn in a beautiful retreat-like setting located in a UNESCO world heritage site (a restored 16th-century castle)
- The international faculty offers one-on-one mentoring and develops close relationships with students
- Take a balance of specialized studio art courses, interdisciplinary studio art courses, and liberal arts courses
- Enjoy very large personal studio spaces
- Studio programs meet the requirements of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- An independent studio option allows you to work on your own under the supervision of a faculty member
What our students say
Wherever You Go, There You Are: Mental Health Issues Abroad
Letting in Kindness Abroad
Celiac Disease Abroad
Carry It With You: Perspectives on Navigating Goodbyes
Letter to Self
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Burren College of Art Partnership
Look at the up-to-date list of courses on the Burren College of Art's online course brochure.
You will select a combination of five courses from the following:
- One or two studio courses in a core discipline (drawing, painting, sculpture, photography)
- One or two interdisciplinary studio courses (such as Mixed Media, Art in Context, Art and Ecology, Performance and Time Arts)
- At least one liberal arts course (Irish Studies, Art History and Creative Writing).
1 module = 3 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!