- Fall: April 1
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Burren College of Art Partnership
Find your inspiration on the beautiful west coast of Ireland! Hone your craft with a small cohort of devoted and practicing artists on the grounds of a restored 16th-century castle. With your own dedicated studio space and individualized tutorials, unlock your creativity and pursue your passion with undivided attention.
Burren College of Art Partnership Benefits
- Live and learn in a beautiful retreat-like setting located in a UNESCO world heritage site (a restored 16th-century castle)
- The international faculty offers one-on-one mentoring and develops close relationships with students
- Take a balance of specialized studio art courses, interdisciplinary studio art courses, and liberal arts courses
- Enjoy very large personal studio spaces
- Studio programs meet the requirements of the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- An independent studio option allows you to work on your own under the supervision of a faculty member
What our students say
Letter to Self
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Burren College of Art Partnership
You will select a combination of five courses from the following:
- One or two studio courses in a core discipline (drawing, painting, sculpture, photography)
- One or two interdisciplinary studio courses (such as Mixed Media, Art in Context, Art and Ecology, Performance and Time Arts)
- At least one liberal arts course (Irish Studies, Art History and Creative Writing).
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.