- Fall: April 1
- Spring: November 1
About Business and Economics in English
The Business and Economics in English program is perfect for students of all language levels. Courses are taught in English alongside Argentine students. Students choose from elective program courses designed and taught exclusively for IFSA-Butler students and specially selected courses with international students at the Universidad del Salvador (USAL).
Business and Economics in English Benefits
- Take integrated university classes with local degree-seeking students
- No language prerequisites – our unique team of IFSA academic coordinator and advisors will guide you throughout the semester
- Live and learn in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina, also called the "London of South America" for its blending of European charm with South American warmth
- Study Spanish language at any level to make the most of your interactions with locals
- Participate in group excursions and co-curricular activities focused on the art, culture, sports and lifestyle that make Buenos Aires one of the world's most exciting and cosmopolitan cities
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Business and Economics in English
The following courses are specially designed for IFSA-Butler students on the Business and Economics in English program. Students are required to enroll in a mandatory Spanish class based on their language level.
Beginner to Advanced Level Spanish (3 U.S. semester credit hours) This course will work on basic common language themes with the following objectives in mind: auditory comprehension, oral production, reading comprehension, written expression
IFSA-Butler Program Course Electives
Industrial-Organizational Psychology (3 U.S. semester credit hours) The purpose of this elective course is to help students gain facility with industrial-organizational psychology (I-O) theory and to learn to apply principles of psychology to various workplaces, business and consumer issues.
- Financial Management
- International Business Law
- Internship Methodology Seminar
- Exploring Community and Culture online course
Examples of places students may volunteer:
- Pecohue Organic farm for Social Inclusion: This organization's goal is the social inclusion for young people with psychological and psychiatric issues.
- Sociedad de Integracon Gay Lesbica Argintina: This organization works to promote the social integration of the GLBT community in Buenos Aires.
In addition to the Spanish class, our program organizes tutoring sessions for students throughout the semester. These may be scheduled at various times during the week, when students meet with the tutor on an individual basis. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you'll be assigned an academic advisor to help you select an appropriate load of classes during the program orientation and meet with on a monthly basis.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.