- Fall: March 1—extended to April 1
- Spring: November 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Griffith University
Spend a semester in the Sunshine State. Live and Study by the beach at the Gold Coast campus in Surfer's Paradise. Or, if art and music is your thing, study at Griffith's art and music schools on the banks of the Brisbane River.
Griffith University Benefits
- Study at one of the Asia-Pacific region's most progressive and dynamic universities offering a wide range of studies and many interdisciplinary offerings
- Top ranked subjects include business (AACSB accredited), criminal justice, tourism, physics and creative arts
- Study abroad students eligible for Griffith's prestigious Honours College
- Live in Gold Coast, just minutes from some of Australia's best beaches
What our students say
How to Maintain Your Fitness as a Student Athlete Abroad
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Griffith University Partnership
Looking for specific classes? Explore CHART, our exclusive class database — if the Griffith University Program is pre-approved at your institution, you’ll find classes recently taken by other IFSA students.
To browse the complete list of Griffith University courses, open the Griffith University online course catalog.
Queensland College of Art and Conservatorium of Music
The Art and Music schools are located across the river from the central business district in Brisbane. Please note that these schools have additional portfolio/audition requirements. Please reach out to your Program Advisor to learn more.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
The Specialized Semester Certificate is an opportunity for students to gain recognition and experience in a specialized area of study offered by Griffith University. The certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete at least 3 courses from one of the listed specializations in Arts, Education, and Law or Griffith Business School. Please note that Digital Media is only available at Gold Coast. A typical full-time study load is four courses per semester, so you still have flexibility to include a course outside of the specialization to either complement or differentiate your semester abroad.
- Fourth-year (4000) courses are electives.
- 5000 courses are electives for some study areas only (e.g. Law)
- 6000 courses are undergraduate Honours courses. These are available only to students who are currently an Honours student at their home university.
- 7000 courses and higher are part of a postgraduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.). You are not eligible to take these courses as an undergraduate study abroad student
Community internship at Griffith University: Give back to the community by volunteering 50 hours during the semester in structured activities, projects or research. Some examples of past internships include: environmental work, executive assistance, event planning, social media work, marketing assistance, research project assistance, human resources intern or community development work. Internships are unpaid but are worth 4 U.S. semester credits (replacing one class). Internship placements may be subject to a successful interview upon arrival. If a student does not receive a placement upon arrival, another course can be easily added during registration.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!