- Fall: March 15
- Spring: November 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Griffith University, Queensland College of Art & Conservatorium of Music Partnership
Spend a semester in the Sunshine State. Study at Griffith's art and music schools on the banks of the Brisbane River. Or take courses at this AACSB-accredited business school with the Toohey National Park out your back door. Or maybe you prefer living by the beach while taking Food and Wine Tourism at the Gold Coast campus in Surfer's Paradise.
Griffith University, Queensland College of Art & Conservatorium of Music Partnership Benefits
- Live and learn in the heart of vibrant Brisbane, just across the river from the central business district.
- Access world-class facilities, including art galleries, exhibition spaces, studios and computer labs and learn from some of the world’s leading creatives.
- Students in the art and music schools live in Nathan residences and receive three meals per day
- Combine art and music courses with other departmental academic options available at the nearby Nathan campus
- Study abroad students eligible for Griffith's prestigious Honours College
What our students say
Learning to Walk on the Left Side of the Road
Home is Where Your Family Is
Safety Considerations as a Female Studying Abroad
Science: It’s Even Cooler Abroad – A Digital Story
Studying While Abroad – A Digital Story
Australia Makes Me Feel Beautiful
Bananas: A Digital Story
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Griffith University, Queensland College of Art & Conservatorium of Music Partnership
Click on either link below for a list of pre-approved courses for study abroad students at Griffith University:
Selecting courses from this list means that your enrollment will be approved without requiring the faculty at Griffith to assess your qualifications. However, courses are subject to space restrictions and can change before the start or during the first two weeks of the trimester. Selecting one or more of these courses does not guarantee you a place in the course(s).To browse the complete list of Griffith University courses, open the Griffith University online course catalog.
Students enroll in 4 classes each worth 10 Griffith University Credit Points for a total of 16 U.S. semester credit hours.
The Queensland College of Art and Queensland Conservatorium of Music have additional portfolio/audition requirements. Please reach out to your Program Advisor to learn more.
The Specialized Semester Certificate is an opportunity for students to gain recognition and experience in a specialized area of study offered by Griffith University. The certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete at least 3 courses from one of the listed specializations. A typical full-time study load is four courses per semester, so you still have flexibility to include a course outside of the specialization to either complement or differentiate your semester abroad.
- Fourth-year (4000) courses are electives.
- 5000 courses are electives for some study areas only (e.g. Law)
- 6000 courses are undergraduate Honours courses. These are available only to students who are currently an Honours student at their home university.
- 7000 courses and higher are part of a postgraduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.). You are not eligible to take these courses as an undergraduate study abroad student
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.