- Summer: April 15
About Imperial College London Revolutions in Biomedicine
Do research abroad at the Revolutions in Biomedicine program. Instructors from Imperial College London's Faculty of Medicine will lead students through eight topical modules plus an eight-day lab project contributing to the development of effective viral vaccines.
Imperial College London Revolutions in Biomedicine Benefits
- Study at Imperial College, which ranks among the top universities in the world for science
- Participate in intensive, cutting edge laboratory-based scientific research
- Learn from top research experts in the fields of biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, genetics and public health
- Perfect program for pre-med, public health, or bioscience majors
- Instructors from Imperial's Faculty of Medicine lead students through eight topical modules plus an eight-day lab project contributing to the development of effective viral vaccines
- Modules are designed around lab-based research, group work and lectures/seminars
What our students say
Quick Guide to London Fashion
A Quick Guide to London Fashion
Easy Ways to Connect to the Caribbean in London
Abroad in London: From A Theater Major to A Global Theater Maker
How to Study Abroad as a STEM Major
How I Learned to Frame my Experiences through Photography
How to take Care of Afro Hair in London
Building a Family Abroad – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Imperial College London Revolutions in Biomedicine
This program has a set curriculum of modules, lectures and projects. Participants do not choose from a selection of courses. Topics will be drawn from areas such as regenerative medicine, gene therapy and gene editing, novel cancer therapeutics, big data, genomic medicine, microbial resistance to antibiotics, diabetes and obesity and global health. These topics will be explored through lectures, group work, field trips and debriefing. Students will complete an eight-day laboratory-based mini-research project investigating the relative importance of the proliferation and production of cytokenes in CD8+T Lymphocytes (CTL) activation.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA-Butler or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!