- Summer: March 15
About Summer in Rome
Spend your summer in the Mediterranean sun! You'll quickly make this historic Italian capital your own as you explore markets and museums and get to know with today's influencers in various circles. Courses are designed to prepare you for your future role in local and global networks.
Summer in Rome Benefits
- Cool off with delicious gelato in the shade of magnificent monuments and breathtaking basilicas on your walk home
- Fulfill key degree requirements over the summer with IFSA-taught courses in business
- and the social sciences
- Share weekly homemade dinners and conversation with an Italian host family while living independently in student apartments
- Talk openly with Rome's influencers in diverse fields and learn about the forces that influenced their passions and careers
- Explore common intellectual dilemmas from Roman history and today where your courses and activities intersect
Academics at Summer in Rome
All students will take Survival Italian Language, an intensive 15-hour non-credit-bearing course designed to introduce the basics of Italian language and it's cultural contexts.
Not all courses may be offered in a given summer depending on enrollment. Click on each link below for a detailed course syllabus and suggested U.S. university equivalencies.
- Ethical Decision-Making
- Forced Migration, Refugees, and Change
- History of the Mafia
- Intercultural Professional Communication
- International Political Economy
- The Jewish Community in Rome
- Service Operations Management
- Sociology of Consumerism
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Strategic Communication for Leadership
- Urban Event and Project Management
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.