- Fall: March 15—Extended to May 1
- Spring: November 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About James Cook University, Cairns campus
Dig deeper into ecology, photography, or marine biology while surrounded by the spectacular rainforests of the Wet Tropics, the dry savannahs and the iconic Great Barrier Reef. IFSA will help you thrive while at this unique and diverse top-ranked tropical research institution. And just imagine what you'll do on your weekends!
James Cook University, Cairns campus Benefits
- Experience smaller class sizes and accessible teaching staff at a top-ranked university
- Choose from two campuses:
- Townsville, in natural bushland that is home to wildlife such as cockatoos, kookaburras, scrub turkeys, wallabies and kangaroos. Townsville receives around 320 days of sunshine each year and is in easy reach of The Whitsunday Islands and Charters Towers.
- Cairns, surrounded by rainforest-covered hills is a popular North Queensland tourist attraction. Located 30 minutes from the beach, Cairns is the adventure capital of Australia.
- Each campus offers a relaxing environment with extensive bike paths and local bus services to the central business districts of both cities
- Study in an unparalleled diverse physical environment
- Courses and subjects are designed with clear learning outcomes, coherent structures and manageable workloads
What our students say
Why Studying Abroad Was About More Than Me – A Digital Story
Katie’s Story: A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at James Cook University Partnership, Cairns campus
Open the James Cook University online course catalog and use the following filters to search for available courses:
- Campus: Cairns or Townsville
- Level: Undergraduate
- Study Period: SP1=Semester 1/US Spring or SP2=Semester 2 or US Fall
- Attendance Mode: Internal
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
- Fourth-year (4000-level) courses and higher are part of a postgraduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.). You are not eligible to take these courses as an undergraduate student.
- IFSA students are eligible to take only courses listed as "Internal" in the description. You will not be permitted to take classes listed as "Block Mode," "Limited," or "External."
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!