Class taught in English. No Spanish required.
- Summer: WINTER: November 1
About January in Barcelona
Start the new year off with a bang in the charming Catalan city of Barcelona. With an abundance of picturesque sights and moderate weather, there will be no shortage of Insta opportunities. Your three-week Social Media Marketing in the Age of Self class, perfect to fulfill an elective or communications requirement, will develop your strategic and communication skills to achieve business objectives. With activities included, your time in Barcelona will be even more valuable and memorable.
January in Barcelona Benefits
- Develop your independence as you explore the easy to navigate city streets.
- Choose your favorite among Barcelona’s unique neighborhoods and enjoy a vibrant international student scene.
- The three-week Social Media Marketing in the Age of Self class is a perfect elective or can be used to fulfill a major requirement, and you will earn 3 U.S. semester credit hours.
- Take your learning into the field and see how social media is continually changing how local start-ups, corporations, and even government offices reach their audience.
- All activities, including meals and transportation, are included in the program fee.
What our students say
The Empty Barcelona – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at January in Barcelona
Social Media Marketing in the Age of Self
(3 U.S. semester credit hours)
This course will outfit you with the tools and expertise to develop strategic and comprehensive social media marketing plans that integrate with overall marketing and communications efforts to achieve business goals. Through case studies and hands-on exercises, you will develop a deep understanding of social media platforms and best practices, leveraging these channels to elevate one’s reach and reputation. Topics include choosing appropriate platforms, creating effective and engaging social media content, and developing social media policies and content management strategies. The class emphasizes social listening, ethics, and diversity.
- A visit to Sagrada Família and Park Güell.
- A workshop on Design Thinking methodologies for business and communications.
- A meeting with Barcelona start-ups and non-profits to discuss social media strategies and campaigns.
- A local cooking class and social media marketing recipe competition.
- A guest lecture from a television critic on the role of social media in today’s television industry.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!