- Summer: March 15
About LSE Summer
Build towards your future with a summer abroad at the London School of Economics. Challenging courses in areas like accounting and finance, business and management, culture and environment, economics and international relations, and government and society will help you build a foundation of expertise in your chosen subject.
LSE Summer Benefits
- Study at Britain's only university specializing in the study of the social sciences, a member of Britain's Russell Group of universities, similar to the Ivy League
- Take advantage of LSE's close ties to business, government, law and media in the city
- LSE is part of the University of London (UL), so students can use the UL Union's excellent facilities
- Choose from courses in accounting and finance; economics; international relations, government and society; law; and management
- Classes with professionals from the United Nations, World Health Organization and leading international banks
- Students may attend a single session (first or second session only), combine two consecutive sessions or take all three sessions
- Students take one course per session, each worth 3.75 U.S. semester credit hours
What our students say
Quick Guide to London Fashion
A Quick Guide to London Fashion
Easy Ways to Connect to the Caribbean in London
Abroad in London: From A Theater Major to A Global Theater Maker
How to Study Abroad as a STEM Major
How I Learned to Frame my Experiences through Photography
How to take Care of Afro Hair in London
Building a Family Abroad – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at London School of Economics and Political Science Summer
Students may take one course per session at LSE, and each course is worth 3.75 U.S. semester credit hours. Students enrolled in two sessions earn a total of 7.5 U.S. semester credit hours. Students enrolled in all three sessions earn a total of 11.25 U.S. semester credit hours.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!