- Fall: April 1
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Massey University
Massey University has an 80-year tradition of academic and research excellence. When choosing to study with Massey you can select from one of their three campuses: the Innovative campus based on Auckland's North Shore, the Creative campus located in central Wellington or the Manawatu campus located in Palmerston North. Each campus and location offers a unique experience where students can really immerse themselves in the community.
Massey University Benefits
- Choose from three campuses, each with its own distinctive character and wide range of amenities and services
- "Innovative Campus" at Albany in suburban Auckland, New Zealand's largest city
- "Manawatu Campus" at Palmerston North, a beautiful, 400-acre site near the vibrant city center
- "Creative Campus" at Wellington, located in the arts precinct of the city
- Study at a major, comprehensive institution with five colleges and 30 academic departments, institutes and schools with an 80-year tradition of academic and research excellence
- Active student associations on each campus sponsor clubs and societies, events and student services
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Massey University Partnership
- You must search for your classes using the following criteria: Search by main locations: Choose Palmerston North, Auckland, or Wellington. You cannot take courses at more than one campus.
- Search by mode: As a study abroad student, you may take only courses offered as "Internal" Search by level: You should search for courses at the 100, 200 and 300 levels. You will not be permitted to enroll in "external" or "block" mode classes.
The number of courses you take depends on the credit value of the courses you select, most students take 4 classes abroad for a total of 16 Butler University U.S. semester credit hours. Credit conversions are as follows:
15 Points at Massey = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
20 Points at Auckland = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Available for Palmerston North and Wellington campus students, the internship enables you to integrate professional experience with knowledge of communication theory. In addition, the internship will enhance your skills in communication, along with skills in information acquisition and independent research. Placements are available in a wide range of businesses and organizations; past interns have worked at the following:
- Arohanui Hospice
- Carlin Valenti
- Charity Gaming Association (CGA)
- CV Bank/Creative HQ
- Four Winds Communications
- Ideas Shop
- Manawatu Turbos
- Massey Communications and Marketing
- McDonnell Consulting Group
- Ministry of Health
- NZ Food Safety Authority
- NZ Police (Wellington)
- NZ Post
- Radio New Zealand
- Ronald McDonald House (Wellington)
- Run the Red
- Special Olympics NZ
- Senate Communication Counsel
- Sport Manawatu
- The Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson's Society of Canterbury
- The New Dowse/Petone Settlers Museum
- Total Media
- Waikato Times
- The Wellingtonian
Applicants must be communications majors in their junior or senior year, with at least one 300-level communications course completed. Preference will be given to calendar year students. The internship is worth 4 U.S. semester credit hours.
If you are interested in applying for the internship, please contact your IFSA program advisor.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!