- Fall: March 1
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Monash University (Melbourne)
Monash is recognized for its innovation, industry connections, and social consciousness, change makers and forward thinkers will feel right at home at Monash University in Melbourne. Monash's academic excellence is undisputed, and their interactive classes and programs are cutting edge. The thriving and engaging campus life at Monash offers opportunities to connect with likeminded students and academics, while still being a short train journey away from all of the culture and activities of Melbourne city centre.
Monash University (Melbourne) Benefits
- This program offers some of the best course matching opportunities for pharmacy students during the spring semester
- Located just outside of Melbourne, ranked the most liveable city in the world for the past 7 years, so students can have a campus experience but still be nearby to the vibrant culture of Melbourne City Centre
- Attend one of Australia's largest and most academically prestigious universities, ranked among the top 100 universities in the world
- As a member of the prestigious Group of Eight, Australia's leading research universities
- Many students recommend the course Contemporary Australia, an introduction to the major cultural and environmental issues shaping Australia today
- More than 6,000 courses in 10 faculties at two campuses:
- Clayton Campus, 15 miles from downtown Melbourne, offers a rich array of sporting, cultural and educational events, and facilities
- Caulfield Campus, five miles from downtown Melbourne, offers visual arts, educational and sporting facilities, and links with industry, government and the local community
What our students say
My Immersion Story: Finding Community Abroad
How to Survive & Thrive Until Study Abroad Really Begins
Taking the Time to Safely Explore Your Local Area
3 Tips for Academic Success While Studying Abroad
How Study Abroad Sparked My Professional Goals
Indigeneity: New Ways of Thinking
Coding Languages Are Standard, STEM Classes Are Not
Everywhere is a Classroom: Learning Through Internships Abroad
Tips for Navigating Study Abroad as an Introvert
A Student’s Guide to Traveling to Melbourne on a Budget
(En)roll with the Punches: A Guide to Australian Academia
A Day of Play in Melbourne: A Digital Story
5 Misconceptions About Studying in Australia
Embracing My Sexuality in Melbourne
Panic Attacks and How to Stay on Track
Re-entry and Re-definition
Understanding Reverse Culture Shock: When Home Feels Foreign
Finding Faith at University
My Parents’ 4 Fears About Studying Down Under
Spending (And Saving!) a Semester in Melbourne
When Traveling Down Under, Don’t Let a Laptop Trip You Up
The Best of Two Continents – Cultivating Your Image Abroad
A Different Kind of Connection – A Digital Story
The Day I Died
The Day I Died: A Journey Back to Reality
How to Eat Your Way Through Oz
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Monash University (Melbourne) Partnership
Open the Monash University online course catalog to explore the available class options.
You can search by campus within the course catalog, keep these things in mind:
Monash's main campus is Clayton, but you're also able to take classes at the Caulfield campus; the commute is about 15 minutes and there are free shuttle buses that run frequently. You may also take classes at Berwick, but the commute is about 25 minutes. Classes at the Parkville or Peninsula campuses may be possible, but please be aware that the commutes are very long (up to 1.5 hours) and students may find it difficult to fit in any other classes on the same day. All art and design classes are offered at the Caulfield Campus (all art courses require a portfolio).
A full course load at Monash University is 24 points for the semester (equivalent to 15-16 Butler University semester credit hours) and 48 points for the year (equivalent to 30-32 Butler University semester credit hours). The number of courses you will take depends on the individual credit value of the course you select.
3 MU points = 2 U.S. semester credit hours
4 MU points = 2.5 U.S. semester credit hours
6 MU points = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
8 MU points = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
10 MU points = 6.25 U.S. semester credit hours
12 MU points = 8 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!