- Fall: March 15
- Spring: November 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Murdoch University
Murdoch University is a place where free-thinkers come to succeed. Located in Perth, the most isolated city in the world, Murdoch prides itself in doing things differently from other universities, and embraces the power of sharing ideas and finding new ways of thinking. State-of-the-art teaching facilities are available for a diverse and multicultural student population. Murdoch's campus is a great place for studying, making friends, and engaging in Australian life.
Murdoch University Benefits
- A national reputation for excellence across teaching, research and student satisfaction
- Veterinary and animal science students often find courses in this program that can be difficult to find elsewhere
- Murdoch offers an optional 10-day excursion (at an additional cost) into the outback, allowing you to experience parts of Australia you wouldn't otherwise be able to visit
- Enjoy a 560-acre campus in a beautiful bush environment with fantastic green spaces, yet just 15 minutes from Perth's city center, ten minutes to "Freo," the port city and beaches of Fremantle, and a 2-hour drive to the wine region
- On-campus food outlets, banking outlets, gymnasium, student union, travel center, hairdresser, bookshop, gift store, health and counseling service, and extensive library
- Get involved with local students through an active students' guild that sponsors a wide range of cultural, social and sporting events, as well as clubs and organizations
What our students say
Special Mobility Series: How Moving to the Opposite Side of the World Changes You
Special Mobility Series: Aussies Might Speak English, but their Uni is Like a Foreign Language
Special Mobility Series: Why it’s Okay that Moving and Making Friends Never Gets Easier
Special Mobility Series: 4 Tips on Traveling as a Student in a Powered Wheelchair
Special Mobility Series: Study Abroad Work Begins Even Before the First Plane Ride
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Murdoch University Partnership
At Murdoch, classes are called "Units," so you can either use the Unit Search function or scroll down below that to browse through the list of units. Murdoch also has a PDF guide to using its online catalog.
A full course load is 12 Murdoch points for the semester (15-16 Butler University U.S. credit hours) or 24 points for the year (30-32 Butler University U.S. credit hours). Units with a code of 100 are worth three credit points; codes with 200 and above are worth four credit points.
3 MU points = 4 U.S. semester credit hours
4 MU points = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
6 MU points = 8 U.S. semester credit hours
Most students take either four classes at the 100 level (4 classes x 4 Butler University U.S. credit hours = 16 credit hours) or three classes at the 200 and 300 levels (3 classes x 5 Butler University U.S. credit hours = 15 credit hours) to make up their course load for the semester. You may mix classes in the 100, 200, and 300 levels as long as you do not exceed 12 Murdoch University points.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.