- Summer: April 1
About National University of Ireland, Galway Summer - Ecology: Living Landscapes
Gain practical experience of the natural environment in this coastal town while learning survey skills to identify natural resources, and develop your skills to evaluate the sustainable use and conservation of Ireland's ecological resources. From the fertile rocks of the Burren karst limestone, to the raised bogs of the midlands, the sheer cliffs of the Aran Islands to the salt marshes of Galway Bay, there is a wealth of natural history to explore in the West of Ireland.
National University of Ireland, Galway Summer - Ecology: Living Landscapes Benefits
- Located in a Gaeltacht area, where the Irish language and culture is celebrated and perserved
- Courses that focus either on all aspects of how habitats are created and maintained through natural processes and anthropogenic activity
- Examine conservation and sustainability issues and gain an understanding of how these ecological processes are used to combat the challenges facing the environment
- Excursions complement course work
- Strong cultural curriculum alongside classes that include exursions and events
What our students say
A Random Act of Irish Kindness – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at National University of Ireland, Galway Summer – Ecology: Living Landscapes
The program is structured into two, two-week blocks,. Students take one class each block,. Explore the NUI Galway online course catalog for up - to date course options.
Take one course in the first session, one course in the second session or take both sessions for a comprehensive exploration of the land of contrasts on Ireland's Atlantic West Coast.
IFSA requires students to enroll in a full course load at the host institution, which is one course during each summer session. You will receive 3 U. S. credits for each course for a total of 6.5 credits for both summer sessions
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!