- Summer: February 1 (early bird) or March 1 (regular)
About Old Europe, New Europe: Summer in London
IFSA is pleased to offer this unique Global Seminar program to all U.S. universities in partnership with the University of California at San Diego. Non-UC San Diego students must apply through UC San Diego and are encouraged to contact Tonia Pizer by email or phone at 858-534-1123 with any questions regarding the program, its content or requirements.
Old Europe, New Europe: Summer in London Benefits
- Live and study in the vibrant and multicultural city of London
- Directly experience the setting of literary texts explored in the classroom
- Study humanities, the Renaissance, the Reformation, and Early Modern Europe in a city of extraordinary cultural and historical importance
- Experience some of the most important touristic sites for domestic and international travelers through excursion s to Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Bath
- Visit nearby cities of Oxford and Cambridge, points of great significance in the history of tourism
Academics at Old Europe, New Europe: Summer in London
The curriculum includes two courses taught by a UC San Diego professor:
- Renaissance, Reformation and Early Modern Europe
- Sun, Sea, Sand & Sex: Tourists and Tourism in the Contemporary World
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.