- Fall: April 1
- Spring: November 1
About Psychology in English
The Psychology in English program is perfect for students of all language levels. The psychology courses are taught in English alongside Argentine students. Students choose from elective program courses designed and taught exclusively for IFSA-Butler students and specially selected courses with international students at the Universidad del Salvador (USAL).
Psychology in English Benefits
- Take integrated university classes with local degree-seeking students
- Knock out a major general education requirement by exploring psychology in the country that boasts the highest number of psychologists per capita in the world
- Study Spanish language at any level to make the most of your interactions with locals
- No language prerequisites – our unique team of IFSA academic coordinator and advisors will guide you throughout the semester
- Live and learn in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina, also called the "London of South America" for its blending of European charm with South American warmth
- Participate in group excursions and co-curricular activities focused on the art, culture, sports and lifestyle that make Buenos Aires one of the world's most exciting and cosmopolitan cities
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Psychology in English
The following courses are specially designed for IFSA-Butler students on the Psychology in English program. Students are required to enroll in a mandatory Spanish class based on their language level.
Beginner to Advanced Level Spanish (3 U.S. semester credit hours) This course will work on basic common language themes with the following objectives in mind: auditory comprehension, oral production, reading comprehension, and written expression
Industrial-Organizational Psychology (3 U.S. semester credit hours) The purpose of this elective course is to help students gain facility with industrial-organizational psychology (I-O) theory and to learn to apply principles of psychology to various workplaces, business and consumer issues.
- Social Psychology
- Multicultural Psychology
- Clinical Psychology (with field visits)
- Internship Methodology Seminar
- Exploring Community and Culture online course
Courses at USAL vary by semester; however, past elective courses at USAL have included:
- Consumer Behavior
- Argentine Society, Politics, and Culture from an Economic Point of View
- International Economic Agenda
- Plus many other social science and humanities courses
Examples of places where students may volunteer:
- Natan Gesang Primary School: Students have the opportunity to teach English.
- Pechohue Organic farm for Social Inclusion: This organization's goal is to create social inclusion for young people with psychological and psychiatric issues.
- Creadea; This organization creative games with very high IQ children. It works towards their positive development and social inclusion.
- Sociedad de Integracon Gay Lesbica Argentina: This organization works to promote the social integration of the GLBT community in Buenos Aires.
- Maguen Avot:This organization tutors children.
- Donor Sangre Da Vida: This organizations provides information and support to children with cancer and their families. The hold events, campaigns and dancing workshops.
- Caminantes: This organization's goal is to help the homeless population in Buenos Aires recover in any area they might need: to get a job, psychological support, legal support, or to overcome addictions.
In addition to the Spanish class, our program organizes tutoring sessions for students throughout the semester. These may be scheduled at various times during the week, when students meet with the tutor on an individual basis. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you'll be assigned an academic advisor to help you select an appropriate load of classes during the program orientation and meet with on a monthly basis.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.