- Fall: April 15—Extended to April 30
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Queen Mary
Studying at Queen Mary opens the door for you to explore a corner of London's complex history, its bustling present, and its bright future. Whether you're studying English or Economics, the high caliber of academics will ensure an enriching learning experience.
Queen Mary Benefits
- Attend a leading teaching and research institution, a member of Britain's Russell Group of universities, similar to the Ivy League
- One of very few city-based campus universities in the U.K., Queen Mary is a self-contained campus
- Located in the East End, a funky, diverse, up-and-coming area of London, which hosted the 2012 Olympic Games—the main stadium and many other venues are less than a mile away from the campus
- A strong sense of community combined with a diverse student population offers opportunities to interact with British students and others from around the world
- Queen Mary is part of the University of London, so students can use the University of London Union's excellent facilities
- Enjoy easy access to central London, with the nearest Tube (subway) station just five minutes away
- Students can take courses in all different departments—you are not limited to one or two faculties.
- Develop knowledge, skills, and experience related to networking, interdisciplinary learning, international perspectives, or enterprising perspectives by taking a Queen Mary Model Module.
What our students say
5 Tips for Staying Centered While Living Abroad
Feeling Like a Freshman Again
How I’m Surviving 2 Sciences in the UK
5 Things Students with Special Needs Must Know Before Studying Abroad with IFSA
Does Toxic Masculinity Exist in London?
Retaining My Kazakh Identity While Studying Abroad
How to Practice Self Care Abroad
Quick Guide to London Fashion
A Quick Guide to London Fashion
Easy Ways to Connect to the Caribbean in London
Abroad in London: From A Theater Major to A Global Theater Maker
How to Study Abroad as a STEM Major
How I Learned to Frame my Experiences through Photography
How to take Care of Afro Hair in London
5 Differences Between US and UK Academic Systems
Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget While Abroad
Saving Money on London Public Transportation
Building a Family Abroad – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Queen Mary, University of London Partnership
Keep an eye out for modules marked Queen Mary Model Modules. These courses are specially designed to build knowledge, skills and experience related to networking, interdisciplinary learning, international perspectives, or enterprising perspectives.
A full course load at Queen Mary is 60 credits per term, or approximately four courses. Most courses at Queen Mary are worth 15 Queen Mary credits.
30 Queen Mary credits = 8 U.S. semester credit hours
Some modules carry an additional charge for required field trips or labs, and those charges will be your responsibility. Please review your syllabi before signing up for modules, and check with your professor during the add/drop period about potential additional charges. If you do not wish to pay those charges, we suggest selecting an alternate module during the add/drop period.
SCHOOL OF DRAMA
Associate students selecting DRA modules at levels 5 and 6 must have experience of related subjects in the arts and humanities at university level. Courses have limited availability. If you are planning to take courses in this school, please return your course preference form as soon as possible.
SCHOOL OF ECONOMICS AND FINANCE
School of Economics and Finance restrict all level 5 and 6 modules to students with Economics and Finance majors only. A mathematics prerequisite (equivalent of A-level maths, including calculus) is required for level 4 ECN modules.
SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
School of English welcomes all students to Level 4 modules, but restrict all level 5 and 6 modules to students with English or Arts/Humanities majors only. Courses have limited availability. If you are planning to take courses in this school, please return your course preference form as soon as possible.
The course catalog will indicate any other courses not open to study abroad students with "not open to associate students" in the course description.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!