4 semesters of university-level Spanish or equivalent
- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
About Rehearsing Change
Do you believe in the power of education to change the world? Do you long for life in true community? With Rehearsing Change, you will become part of something bigger: living, studying, and working with local counterparts on a daily basis to create projects that have a real-life impact.
Rehearsing Change Benefits
- Engage in a community-based program that uses the arts for social change as a means toward a greater understanding of our complex world
- Offered in collaboration with the Pachaysana Institute and La Universidad San Francisco de Quito, the program is available for a small cohort of 8 to 12 international students
- Participate in the only Fair Trade Learning program in the world, providing equal educational benefit and meeting established Fair Trade standards
- Together the students and counterparts form one cohort that studies with highly qualified university professors and professional artists, applying their studies through creative projects that confront global challenges at the local level
- Curriculum incorporates the arts, social change and sustainability issues
- Organized by teachers, artists and community activists who seek social justice through creative educational programming
- Any student with an interest in the arts, social change or development may apply to this program; however, participants come from all academic backgrounds
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at Rehearsing Change
All courses except for the optional independent study are a required part of the program.
- Identity and Place
- Design and Evaluation of Sustainable Community Projects
- Storytelling: Language and Movement
- Theatre for Social Change and Innovation
- Independent Study (optional)
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.