- Summer: March 15
About SOAS Summer
Arabic language study is more important now than ever. Jumpstart your language learning at SOAS, and round out your studies with classes in government, politics and culture of the Middle East. Take your learning outside the classroom by exploring London's diverse Middle Eastern and Arabic-speaking community.
SOAS Summer Benefits
- SOAS is the only higher education institution in the U.K. specializing in the study of Asia, Africa, and the Near and Middle East
- Study at one of the world's leading institutions of its kind, where more than 50 percent of the student body is international
- SOAS is part of the University of London (UL) system, so students can use the University of London Union's excellent facilities
- Live and learn in a great location in the heart of London near the British Museum, Oxford Street, Covent Garden and the West End
What our students say
5 Tips for Staying Centered While Living Abroad
Feeling Like a Freshman Again
How I’m Surviving 2 Sciences in the UK
5 Things Students with Special Needs Must Know Before Studying Abroad with IFSA
Does Toxic Masculinity Exist in London?
Retaining My Kazakh Identity While Studying Abroad
Quick Guide to London Fashion
A Quick Guide to London Fashion
Easy Ways to Connect to the Caribbean in London
Abroad in London: From A Theater Major to A Global Theater Maker
How to Study Abroad as a STEM Major
How I Learned to Frame my Experiences through Photography
How to take Care of Afro Hair in London
5 Differences Between US and UK Academic Systems
Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget While Abroad
Saving Money on London Public Transportation
Building a Family Abroad – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at SOAS, University of London Summer
• Beginners Arabic 1
• Beginners Arabic 2
• Government and Politics of the Middle East
• Culture and Society in the Middle East
Summer students at SOAS take two courses, one in Arabic language and an elective. Students will earn 4 credits per course, for a total of 8 U.S. semester credit hours.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!