- Fall: January 15
- Spring: January 15
- Year: January 15
About University of Oxford - St. Catherine's College
St. Catherine's motto, Nov et Vetera, meaning the new and the old, sums up the college's attitude. Founded in 1962, it is the newest college, but it more than holds its own academically with its older siblings. St. Catherine's was designed by the famous Danish architect Arne Jacobsen and its modern architecture reflects the college's contemporary outlook.
University of Oxford - St. Catherine's College Benefits
- Founded in 1962, this young college has a diverse student population and an enthusiastic, energetic attitude
- Attend one of the most flexible colleges at Oxford in terms of tutorial selections and the range of available subjects
- Its off-the-beaten-path location gives St. Catherine's plenty of room and some of the best college amenities at Oxford
- Great student facilities include theatres, a music house, two student computer rooms, a gym, squash and tennis courts, and a boathouse for punting on the river
- Unique tutorial instruction allows students to work independently and develop their own academic ideas
- Students receive individual guidance from their tutor and benefit from the tutor's expert knowledge
What our students say
What Oxford Students Should Expect from a Visit to the GP
Study Abroad: Snapshots in Time
Studying Abroad…With a Stammer
Student Life at Oxford: Clubs and Societies
Exploring the Oxford Academic System: Tutorial Style
Budgeting and Reckless Spending Abroad
IFSA Adventure Weekend: Adrenaline in the Mountains
National Identity Abroad: Us vs. Them-The Americans and the English
Saying Goodbye to Study Abroad
Academics at University of Oxford, St. Catherine’s College Partnership
Students take one primary (major) and one secondary (minor) tutorial every term. Students are not permitted to receive extra credit by taking two primary tutorials in one term. Butler University will award students 8 U.S. semester credit hours for each primary tutorial and 4 U.S. semester credit hours for each secondary tutorial. No credit will be awarded for additional work undertaken even if the Oxford College approves it.
Butler University will issue 12 U.S. semester credit hours for the Michaelmas (fall) term, 24 U.S. semester credit hours for the Hilary/Trinity (spring) two-term program and 36 U.S. semester credit hours for the academic year at Oxford.
Science and math students may be required to attend University lectures or to take one or more short tutorials. Regardless of the number of tutorials or lectures required, science students will earn the same number of credits (12 U.S. semester credit hours per term) as other students.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.