- Fall: April 1
About Stranmillis University College Student Teaching Internship
Add hands-on classroom experience in Northern Ireland to your resume and portfolio. Studying at Stranmillis, you will gain a practical understanding of teaching practices in another country while you hone your own skills in the classroom. Explore the world as you work towards your licensure, differentiating yourself with this unparalleled opportunity.
Stranmillis University College Student Teaching Internship Benefits
- Unparalleled opportunity for education majors to undertake student teaching abroad, giving students the skills necessary to manage the increasingly culturally diverse North American classrooms they will encounter in their professional careers
- Student teaching placements available in Belfast-area preschools and elementary, middle and high schools
- A series of lectures, workshops, seminars, activities and visits to local schools complement the student teaching placement
- Based at Stranmillis University College, an acclaimed teacher education institution that attracts students from throughout Ireland, the U.K. and worldwide
- A holistic education curriculum perfect for student teachers in their fourth or fifth year; students must be qualified for student teaching on their home campus
- Belfast has one of the lowest costs of living in the UK
What our students say
What People Don’t Tell You About Traveling Abroad
Taking STEM Further
Coming Home – Why Was it So Hard?
Studying Abroad in a Small Program – What’s it Like?
Worth It: Choosing a Study Abroad Program for Maximum Value
Waves of Thanksgiving: A Digital Story
Academics at Stranmillis University College Student Teaching Internship
School-based service is at the heart of the Stranmillis teaching and learning philosophy, so each student will be able to actively apply classroom and theoretical knowledge with practical experience at a school in Belfast. IFSA-Butler will assist students with the process of verifying that the program meets degree program approval and state requirements for teacher education licensure. Students must apply for and receive a PBS Tier 4 visa in order to participate in student teaching.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.