- Fall: April 1
- Spring: September 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About Stranmillis University College Teacher Education
Dedicated faculty and outstanding curriculum that gives you the skills, knowledge and values necessary to excel as teachers. Choose classes from four degree programs: elementary, secondary, early childhood, and health and leisure education. Build your skills by specializing in assessment, curriculum studies or special education.
Stranmillis University College Teacher Education Benefits
- Semester long program dedicated to teacher education with the option of supervised practical placements in local schools
- An acclaimed teacher education program that attracts students from throughout the U.K. and around the world
- Dedicated faculty and outstanding curriculum that gives students the skills, knowledge and values necessary to excel as teachers
- An active Student Union, excellent indoor sports facilities and modern campus amenities
- Flexible course selection with a variety of practical (teaching) experience, observational components, and specialty focus areas such as assessment, curriculum studies or special education
- Open to any student interested in education, not just education majors
What our students say
What People Don’t Tell You About Traveling Abroad
Taking STEM Further
Coming Home – Why Was it So Hard?
Studying Abroad in a Small Program – What’s it Like?
Worth It: Choosing a Study Abroad Program for Maximum Value
Waves of Thanksgiving: A Digital Story
Academics at Stranmillis University College Teacher Education
Stranmillis also offers the following special courses to IFSA students:
- Northern Ireland Culture and Education (Fall only)
- Peacebuilding and Reconciliation
- Young People, Community and Culture
- Work Based Professional Practice
- Aspects of Northern Ireland Culture and Education (Spring only, 2.5 U.S. semester credits)
A full course load at Stranmillis University College is 60 CATS credits for the semester (equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours).
1 CATS credit = .25 U.S. semester credit hoursPlease review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.