- Summer: April 15
About Summer in Jerusalem: Diversity & Coexistence
Jerusalem is your living classroom for the summer as you explore its political, sexual, ethnic and religious diversity. Delve into a four-week exploration of identity, immigration and multiculturalism in Jerusalem as you interact with and learn more about Israel's many ethnic and religious communities.
Summer in Jerusalem: Diversity & Coexistence Benefits
- Find out more about our Guaranteed Scholarship program for Summer in Jerusalem: Diversity and Coexistence program here.
- Located in the multicultural and ethnically diverse city of Jerusalem, the program allows you to interact with a wide variety of people of different backgrounds, religions, and diversity
- Take courses with local students at Hebrew University’s Rothberg International School, one of the Middle East’s most prestigious universities
- Attend an extensive IFSA orientation covering important health, safety and security topics pertaining to Israel, giving you and your parents peace of mind
- Live and learn near Mount Scopus in the ancient city of Jerusalem, located within easy access to transportation, supermarkets and eateries
- Outside of the classroom, you will participate in co-curricular activities to historically and culturally significant places, allowing you to engage with diverse communities and interrogate theories of identity and coexistence
What our students say
A Little Culture in Your Coffee: A Student Guide to Cafes in Jerusalem
Your Biggest Asset as a Low Income Student Studying Abroad
Gender in Jerusalem: Men Studying in Israel
Gender in Jerusalem: My Experience as a Woman Studying in Israel
Navigating Concerns about Safety in Israel
When You’re Struggling with Faith Abroad
Where do I Belong on this Foreign Land?
Street Art of Israel: An Unrestricted Expression of Diversity
Our Interfaith Encounter: A Hope for Community
LGBTQ+ in Jerusalem, the Holy City
5 Reasons Why you Should Consider Doing a Summer Program Abroad
Building a Bridge with Basketball
The Kibbutz of Israel: Making the Desert Bloom
Confronting Religion in the Holy City
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Summer in Jerusalem: Diversity & Coexistence
- Narratives and Realities (3 U.S. semester credit hours) Offers a unique insight to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict through personalized interactions with members from contrasting political parties, organizations, and military staff representing different ideas and disciplines. Visits to key sites will further cement narratives with reality to highlight the complexity of the conflict and the human impact. An Awareness and appreciation for all points of view will be developed to bridge the similarities shared, above all, as human beings.
- Politics of Planning in Cities of Conflict: The Case of Jerusalem (3 U.S. semester credit hours) Looks at Jerusalem as a growing urban center that has a crucial need for effective city planning based on its diverse populations. Explores the contours of the city, its ethnic makeup and the political developments that shaped it. Presents dilemmas and struggles that affect contemporary city planning and urban design.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!