No language requirements
- Summer: April 1
About Summer Psychology in English
Did you ever think you could take classes in English in Buenos Aires? Immerse yourself in this charming city full of life and warmth while learning about Argentine culture! Whether you're studying Multicultural Psychology or Social Psychology, this "Paris of South America" will embrace you like a tango partner.
Summer Psychology in English Benefits
- No language prerequisites – our unique team of IFSA academic coordinator and advisors will guide you throughout the semester
- Knock out a major general education requirement by exploring psychology in the country that boasts the highest number of psychologists per capita in the world
- Live and learn in the cosmopolitan city of Buenos Aires, capital of Argentina, also called the "London of South America" for its blending of European charm with South American warmth
- Study Spanish language at any level to make the most of your interactions with locals
- Enjoy a program with the perfect mix of academics and cultural immersion
What our students say
Living My Goals in Argentina
A Volunteer, Volunteering Abroad
How Immersing Myself in the Buenos Aires Theatre Scene Made My Abroad Experience Special
First Generation Abroad
How Working For An NGO In Argentina Strengthened My Spanish Language Abilities
IFSA Interview Series: Literature in Argentina
Seeing Through A Different Lens: The Benefits of Studying Abroad as an LGBTQ Student
The Study Abroad Essentials: A Passport, A Frisbee and A Pair of Boxing Gloves
My Home-Stay Experience: From Terrified to Incredibly Grateful
The IFSA Difference
Academics at Summer Psychology in English
Beginner to Advanced Level Spanish (3 U.S. semester credit hours) This mandatory course will work on basic common language themes with the following objectives in mind: auditory comprehension, oral production, reading comprehension, and written expression.
Beginning Spanish 1
Beginning Spanish 2
Intermediate Spanish 1
Intermediate Spanish 2
Elective classes, taught in English by local professors, are intended to provide you with an understanding of the events and issues that make Argentina what it is today. IFSA program course electives:
IFSA offers volunteer opportunities for students on this program. Volunteering does not earn academic credit and will not appear on your Butler University transcript. Volunteer opportunities mostly surround group activities or events on set days (two or three "jornadas") throughout the summer program. Opportunities vary, but may include work with high IQ students, working with the LGBTQ+ community, or helping out at a bilingual school in Buenos Aires. Examples of places where students may volunteer:
- Natan Gesang Primary School: Students have the opportunity to teach English.
- Pecohue Organic farm for Social Inclusion: This organization's goal is to create social inclusion for young people with psychological and psychiatric issues.
- Creaidea: This organization creative games with very high IQ children. It works towards their positive development and social inclusion.
- Sociedad de Integracon Gay Lesbica Argentina:This organization works to promote the social integration of the GLBT community in Buenos Aires.
- Maguen Avot: This organization tutors children
- Donor Sangre Da Vida: This organization provides information and support to children with cancer and their families . They hold events, campaigns, and dancing workshops.
- Caminantes: This organization's goal is to help the homeless population in Buenos Aires recover in any area they might need: to get a job, psychological support, legal support, or to overcome addictions.
In addition to the Intermediate Spanish class, our program organizes tutoring sessions for students throughout the summer. These may be scheduled at various times during the week, when students meet with the tutor on an individual basis. history, economics and sociology. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires, you'll be assigned an academic advisor to help you select an appropriate load of classes during the program orientation and meet with on a monthly basis.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!