- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About UAL - Studio Art Program
Europe's largest university for art, design, fashion, and communications is a great choice for any aspiring artist. Choose from six colleges and numerous tracks to establish your artistic vision at UAL. You'll work closely with faculty who are active artists, designers and communications professionals, in the studio or in classes.
UAL - Studio Art Program Benefits
- Study at Europe's largest specialist arts and design university, made up of six prestigious colleges, and immerse yourself in classes with local students
- Learn from an amazing faculty who are active artists, designers and communications professionals
- Take advantage of the close, working relationship faculty members have with the art, design and media industries of the U.K.
- Engage in the intensity of practical projects, individual tutorials, workshops and visits to places of interest
- Colleges are located in the heart of their local London neighborhoods, allowing students the opportunity to enjoy these communities and all that London has to offer
What our students say
5 Tips for Staying Centered While Living Abroad
Feeling Like a Freshman Again
How I’m Surviving 2 Sciences in the UK
5 Things Students with Special Needs Must Know Before Studying Abroad with IFSA
Does Toxic Masculinity Exist in London?
Retaining My Kazakh Identity While Studying Abroad
How to Practice Self Care Abroad
How to Practice Self Care Abroad
My Visa Process
Quick Guide to London Fashion
A Quick Guide to London Fashion
Easy Ways to Connect to the Caribbean in London
Abroad in London: From A Theater Major to A Global Theater Maker
How to Study Abroad as a STEM Major
How I Learned to Frame my Experiences through Photography
How to take Care of Afro Hair in London
5 Differences Between US and UK Academic Systems
Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget While Abroad
Saving Money on London Public Transportation
In-and-out: A Nigerian-American’s Exploratory Ethnic Immersion in London
Building a Family Abroad – A Digital Story
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of the Arts, London – Studio Art Program
To view available courses at University of the Arts, visit the university's online course catalog. Under "See the courses available on each programme," select Integrated Study Abroad (for "Studio Art" students). Click on the subject of your choice to see the course options and the college where it's offered. IFSA offers study at every affiliated college at University of the Arts.
The Studio Art option (referred to as "Integrated Study Abroad" by UAL) is for a student who is likely to be an art, design, fashion, communications or performance major already with a strong background in these areas. You should be prepared for an intensive, independent study that is very subject specific alongside degree-seeking UAL students. This option is ideal for a student from a fine arts school or program that can support a portfolio of 20-25 images of their work. The Studio Art option is available for the following terms:
- Academic year (10 weeks in the fall, 20 weeks in the spring)
- Fall term (10 week term plus a mandatory 2 week pre-sessional European Art History Module)
- Spring two terms (two 10 week terms totaling 20 weeks for the entire spring)
Spring Studio Art students typically earn 20 U.S. semester credit hours (10 per term) and full year students earn 30 U.S. semester credit hours.
Check out the Semester program at the University of the Arts, London for another UAL program option.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!