- Fall: April 15-Extended to April 30
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University College Cork Partnership
Known for their rebellious nature and thick Irish accents, Cork people are passionate about their home. UCC boasts an ethos of independent thinking that reflects Cork's local culture. Engage in lively debates in the classroom, take part in Cork's eclectic music scene, and do your weekly shop at the English Market.
University College Cork Partnership Benefits
- Beautiful campus with new facilities (including a gym equipped for student athletes)
- County Cork is truly one of a kind, offering a distinct Irish experience in the second largest city in Ireland
- Enjoy a welcoming, friendly environment with more than 100 clubs and societies
- Early-start program is available for fall and academic year, with six different courses to choose from
What our students say
Top 7 Ways to Save Money While Studying Abroad In Ireland
How My Family Ties Convinced Me To Go To University College Cork
The Long-Term Benefits of Studying Abroad
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at University College Cork Partnership
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Early Start students choose one course from among six options. Click on the links below to learn more about the course options:
- Early Start Semester in Irish Archaeology
- Early Start Semester in Irish Folklore and Ethnology
- Early Start Semester in History and Modern Ireland
- Early Start Semester in Literatures in Ireland
- Early Start Semester in Irish Traditional Music
- Early Start Semester in Management and Marketing in the European Union
There is a quota on the number of modules visiting students can follow in this department. Students will be allowed to take 15 UCC modular credits for a semester and/or 25 UCC modular credits for a full year.
Listed under applied psychology in the book of modules. Please read the notes at the beginning of the applied psychology section for information about course restrictions.
These modules are unavailable to study abroad students with the exception of FX3007 Seminar on Film Studies.
Students who wish to enroll in music courses must pre-register for these courses online before arriving in Ireland. Please contact your program advisor if you are interested in taking any music courses at Cork. If you plan to take all your courses in the music department, please note that you will incur a supplemental fee that will be billed after your enrollment is confirmed.
SCIENCE, ENGINEERING, AND FOOD SCIENCE
If all of your courses fall into one of these departments, you will incur a supplemental fee that will be billed after your enrollment is confirmed.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.