- Fall: March 1
- Spring: September 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University College London
If you believe in taking an informed and innovative approach to problem solving, you'll find your home at UCL. You can tackle global issues from multiple perspectives in your classes, whether that's by creating art, studying citizenship, or preparing for a career in global health.
University College London Benefits
- The oldest and largest institution within the University of London (UL) federation, UCL is a member of Britain's Russell Group of universities, similar to the Ivy League
- Live and learn in the heart of London, where you will receive a truly urban experience
- Enjoy a vibrant arts scene, including a full-length opera each year by UCL's well known Operatic Society, and an active students' union with a modern theatre, snack bars, music rooms, film studio, squash courts and fitness center
- The Slade School of Art, a department of UCL, offers art students a highly competitive Independent Studio Program
- A new global citizenship program draws on UCL's research-based teaching in multiple subjects to enable students to understand citizenship as a significant intellectual concern of our time
- A new program based at UCL's International Health and Medical Education Center is aimed at future health professionals and other students interested in international health issues
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University College London Partnership
At University College London, a full course load consists of 16 U.S. semester credit hours per semester or 32 U.S. semester credit hours per year. The number of courses you take depends on the credit value of the courses you select.
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Computer Science will not be offered for the Academic Year 2018, Fall 2018, or Spring 2019 terms.
English requires at least a cumulative GPA of 3.4 and two to four college level literature courses completed. Writing courses are not literature courses. The department also restricts students either to taking their entire course load within the department or only taking two courses.
Economics requires at least a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and prefers applicants to have previously completed microeconomics, macroeconomics and a statistics course. Successful applicants will have received a grade of 'A' in both macro and micro. Economics courses in the U.K. have a strong statistical basis. Students who are not accepted directly into the economics department will be unable to take courses above level 1 within this department. If you have concerns about your qualifications for Economics, please contact your program advisor for recommendations on alternate department options.
History requires at least a cumulative GPA of 3.4. History of Art admits only history of art majors. They will not accept fine arts majors.
MANAGEMENT, SCIENCE AND INNOVATION
Management, Science and Innovation will not accept fall semester only students due to test schedules. Only academic year and spring students will be considered for this department. Applicants are required to have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5.
SLADE SCHOOL OF FINE ART
Applicants to the Slade School of Fine Art must be art majors or minors. The Language Center and the Management Center are not departments; therefore students cannot apply to them. It is possible to take courses within each of these centers, but that must be arranged upon arrival at UCL.
Political Studies requires a cumulative GPA of 3.4 with a strong background of courses. Chemistry requires a cumulative GPA of 3.5 with a strong background of courses.
The UCL Psychology department suggests a cumulative GPA of 3.5 to be considered for this department.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!