- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of East Anglia
Immerse yourself in a British university campus! Wake up in your residential college, walk to your creative writing class across beautiful green spaces, study in the 24-hour library, work out in the Sports Park or cycle into town, and end the day at a student union concert.
University of East Anglia Benefits
- High academic standards in a modern university on the slopes of the Yare Valley, three miles west of Norwich and a 20-minute bus ride to downtown
- An active students' union provides live entertainment and facilities for more than 200 clubs and societies
- The largest indoor university sports center with an Olympic sized pool, 12 badminton courts, an 8-lane athletics track, 6 floodlit hockey and soccer pitches, as well as a state-of-the-art gym, indoor climbing wall, 5 squash courts, a newly equipped gymnastics center, 6 tennis courts and 40 acres of playing fields.
- Art History students spend the two-week Spring Study Period in Venice after taking intensive art history courses at UEA
- Modular course structure allows for flexible enrollment
- Live and learn in the historic medieval town of Norwich, about 30 minutes from the beach
- Campus contains a nature wonderland of meadows and lakes with otters, deer, orchids, and more, and the area is known for having many more sunny days than any other U.K. location
- Environmental Studies, Art/Media, and Creative Writing are well-known and most popular options
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of East Anglia Partnership
A full course load at UEA is 60 units for the semester (equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours) and 120 for the year (equivalent to 30 U.S. semester credit hours).
- 10 UEA credit units = 2.5 U.S. semester credit hour
- 20 UEA credit units = 5 U.S. semester credit hours
- 30 UEA credit units = 7.5 U.S. semester credit hours
- You should focus mainly on classes within your School at UEA. Semester students must take at least 40 UCU, or two-thirds of their credits, within their School. Year students must take at least 60 UCU, or half of their credits, within their School.
- Final exams for the fall semester are offered in June, so students attending UEA for the fall semester must choose classes labeled CW or PR. These classes are assessed by coursework or projects and do not require a final exam. You will not be permitted to enroll in fall semester classes that require exams.
- Courses from the School of Literature, Drama and Creative Writing (LDC) are extremely competitive, with preference given to full degree-seeking students. Study abroad students can enroll in only two LDC courses while abroad.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!