- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Glasgow
Dive into your academics at one of Scotland's ancient and most research-intensive institutions. There are countless ways to immerse yourself into Scottish culture at this large campus in an exciting city, whether by taking a service learning course in Public Policy, studying Functional Anatomy or even Bagpiping.
University of Glasgow Benefits
- Glasgow is a vibrant urban environment with active music, art and leisure opportunities
- A member of Britain's Russell Group of universities (similar to the Ivy League), University of Glasgow offers an AACSB International accredited business school
- Student organizations offer a wide range of entertainment and recreational facilities as well as great athletic facilities
- A number of special courses offer the opportunity to explore your interests in Scottish culture, volunteering, the arts or medicine.
Academics at University of Glasgow Partnership
Search for courses on the University of Glasgow's online course catalog here.
- In the middle of the page, click the “Online Course Catalog” link
- Click on “undergraduate course catalog” for all level 1 and level 2 classes (equivalent to freshman and sophomore level classes in the U.S.)
- Click on “departmental webpages” for information on level 3 and level 4 honors classes (equivalent to junior and senior level classes in the U.S.)
At the University of Glasgow, a full course load for a semester is 60 Glasgow credits (equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours).
1 SCQF credit = .25 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Photography, Drawing or Sculpture at the Glasgow School of Art
Taught at the prestigious Glasgow School of Art, you can choose one of three courses. Learn more here.
Bagpipes: History, Repertoire and Performance
Taught through the Scottish National Piping Centre, this course consists of three class hours a week at the piping centre. One hour is spent in a small group lecture learning about the bagpipes in relation to Scottish history and culture. One hour is spent in small group instruction in playing the bagpipes, and the third hour is spent in one-on-one instruction with the tutor. For more information, please click here.
Functional Premed Anatomy
A 20 Glasgow credit course, Functional Premed Anatomy is aimed at students who wish to attend medical school in the U.S. The course is a level 2 course and the GPA requirement is 3.4. Students wishing to take this course must be pre-med or biology majors. For more information, please click here.
- Students are not allowed to take a mixture of Honours (3rd and 4th year) classes and Sub-Honours (1st and 2nd year) classes in the following subjects: English Literature, Business Management, and Accounting and Finance. Students must take all Honours or all Sub-Honors in these subjects. If a student takes Honours English Literature, they can take Sub-Honours in Scottish Lit or Comparative Literature.
- Study abroad students are not permitted to take Adult and Continuing Education courses.
- Fall-only students should note that they will not be able to enroll in any computer science modules, or math and statistics modules at level 3 and 4.
- Spring-only students should note that they may not be permitted to enroll in any sociology modules, or political science modules at level 3 and 4.
- All students should note that level 3 and 4 modules are not available in Education.
- All students should note that level 3 and 4 modules are restricted for students majoring in the subject in English Literature and Theater. All other students may take only Level 1 and 2. Film and Media Studies has a general pre-requisite of four classes in the subject area.
- All students should note that medicine, veterinary medicine and dentistry are not available to visiting students.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.