- Fall: April 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Kent
At the University of Kent, a self-contained campus in historic Canterbury provides a quaint backdrop to a cultured, intellectual semester abroad. Live and learn with Kent's diverse student body as you interact in classes, student clubs and societies, and your residential college or flat.
University of Kent Benefits
- A diverse student population with an international flavor and strong ties to Europe enhance Kent's reputation as the "U.K.'s European university"
- Study on a hilltop campus with panoramic views of the cathedral, city, farmlands and villages in the surrounding countryside
- Enjoy a great arts scene, including drama, film and music of all kinds, as well as on-campus cafés, bars, restaurants and nightclub
- An active student union and more than 100 student clubs and societies as well as sports halls for many more athletic activities allow you to interact with local students
- Live and learn on a campus environment close to London, with some of the best teaching faculty in the U.K.
- Study a wide variety of subjects, including architecture
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Kent Partnership
To view available courses at the University of Kent, visit the Kent online course catalog.
IFSA requires students to enroll in a full course load at the University of Kent. A full course load at the University of Kent is four classes, or 60 credits, for the semester (equivalent to 16 U.S. semester credit hours) and eight classes, or 120 credits, for the year (equivalent to 32 U.S. semester credit hours).
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Journalism modules are not available for study abroad students
Stage 1 drama modules are not available for study abroad students
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!