- Fall: March 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Leeds
The city of Leeds bustles with energy and the university's location in the city center means you'll feel it too! Whether your passion drives you to start a business, explore the culinary world, or learn code, the University of Leeds has classes that will help you meet your goals.
University of Leeds Benefits
- Study at one of the largest universities in Britain with an amazing selection of courses and departments and an international reputation for excellent teaching and research
- The University of Leeds is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of major research universities in the United Kingdom
- Attend classes on a self-contained campus with bars, food outlets, shops, a bank and supermarket
- Take advantage of one of the best student unions in the country with more than 50 sports clubs and 250 societies
- Enjoy and exceptional choice of studies across 50 departments and centers, including one of the few food science programs in the U.K.
- Strong program for STEM students, especially engineering
What our students say
Male Perspectives on Study Abroad
Romantic Relationships in England: My Observations
Staying Safe While Going Out Abroad
England, Exams, Mental Health, and Me
Why I Chose to Study Outside of London
Finding Your People: Making Friends Abroad
6 Tips for Studying Abroad While in a Committed Relationship
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Leeds Partnership
A full course load at Leeds is 60 credits for the semester (equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours) and 120 credits for the year (equivalent to 30 U.S. semester credit hours).
4 University of Leeds credits = 1 U.S. semester credit hour
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Fourth-year courses and higher are part of a postgraduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.). You are not eligible to take these courses as an undergraduate study abroad student.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!