- Fall: January 15
- Year: January 15
About University of Oxford, St. Anne's College Partnership, Premedical Program
St. Anne's Premedical Program is distinguished by its focus on biochemistry and emphasis on independent study. This competitive program is designed to support premedical students in their degree progress, and to prepare them for medical school.
University of Oxford, St. Anne's College Partnership, Premedical Program Benefits
- Stand out in your medical school applications by participating in this prestigious competitive program whose curriculum was designed specifically for pre medical students in the U.S.A.
- Attend the first college at Oxford to be created especially for female students; today it's home to nearly equal numbers of men and women
- Enjoy amenities such as a workout gym, photography darkroom, game room and 24—hour computer lab plus shared fields and facilities for rugby, field hockey, cricket, soccer, squash, tennis and boating
- Students receive individual guidance from their tutor and benefit from the tutor's expert knowledge
What our students say
As Cliché As It Sounds, I “Found Myself” Abroad
IFSA Interview Series: STEM at Oxford
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Oxford, St. Anne’s College Partnership, Premedical Program
Course details are available on St. Anne's program webpage.
St. Anne's College's Premedical Program is distinguished by it's focus on biochemistry and emphasis on independent study. At its heart lies the philosophy that human diseases and clinical treatments can be full understood only with a detailed knowledge of cellular molecular process. Biochemistry tutors from St. Anne's College lead the program in collaboration with their colleagues from chemistry, physiology, pharmacology and experimental psychology. Courses are taught through a combination of tutorials and lectures given by experts from St. Ann's College and the entire Oxford system.
St. Anne's College Premedical Program is highly competitive and a minimum GPA of 3.7 is required. Students will earn 12 U.S. semester credits for each of the three Oxford terms. The September pre-session courses will be worth 2 U.S. semester credits each for a total of 4 additional credits
The program is available during the following terms:
- Fall Semester (September-December), designed to help participants maximize their time abroad in a shorter timeframe. The semester combines the Oxford Michaelmas Term with a required September pre-session.
- Academic year (October-June), the traditional academic year at Oxford that combines all three Oxford terms: Michaelmas, Hilary and Trinity.
- Extended academic year (September-June). A more advanced course of study that includes all three terms at Oxford plus the September Pre-session. This is a particularly popular option for students who plan to apply to MD-PhD programs.
- Spring two-terms is not available for this program.
- Structure and Function of Macromolecules
- Bioenergetics and Metabolism
- Molecular Biology and Genetics
- Cell Biology
- Physiology and Human Disease
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!