- Summer: March 1
About University of Oxford - St. Peter's College
Study English literature, environmental studies, or Medieval studies on the St. Peter's College summer school. Experience two Oxford colleges on this program: you will study with tutors from St. Peter's faculty, and be housed in Magdalen College.
University of Oxford - St. Peter's College Benefits
- Study at one of the most prestigious universities in the world where courses are taught through a program of tutorials, seminars and lectures
- Live and learn in the heart of Oxford, near libraries, museums, theatres and shops
- Participate in weekly field excursions designed to introduce you to sites of exceptional importance in England's literary heritage
- Attend evening lectures given by distinguished speakers from the university and wider world that are organized around special banquets and receptions
- Choose one of three program options:
- English Literature (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
- Environmental Studies (8 U.S. semester credit hours, if you opt for the four-day field excursion)
- Medieval Studies (6 U.S. semester credit hours)
What our students say
Finding a Faith Community in a Secular Country
As Cliché As It Sounds, I “Found Myself” Abroad
IFSA Interview Series: STEM at Oxford
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Oxford, St. Peter’s College Partnership
To view available courses at St. Peter's College, visit the online course catalog. You may choose one of three academic options: English Literature, Medieval Studies or Environmental Studies.
IFSA requires students to enroll in a full course load abroad. A full course load at St. Peter's is one course for 6 U.S. semester credit hours. Environmental Studies students will receive 8 U.S. semester credit hours for an intensive field excursion required for their course. Students studying within English or Medieval Studies have the option of earning an additional 2 U.S. semester credits if they would like to participate in the field excursion and write an additional 2000-word paper on a subject of their choice relating to the excursion and approved by St. Peter’s College.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!