- Fall: March 15
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Queensland Partnership
This program offers you access to over 120 of UQ's student clubs and societies and amazing athletic facilities, all less than three miles from the center of dynamic Brisbane, Australia's third largest city. UQ is a comprehensive research institution with over 40 specialist teaching and research centers, including Australia's largest university marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef.
University of Queensland Partnership Benefits
- Offers a great variety of subjects to study to meet your needs with more than 4,000 courses in 400 programs of study
- Near the city center of Brisbane with excellent transportation and access to attractions like botanical gardens, museums and more.
- A member of Australia's prestigious Group of Eight leading research universities
- More than 100 student clubs and societies provide you with numerous ways to engage with local students
- Amazing athletic facilities at UQ Sport venues, including a 50-meter pool, an Olympic-standard track, tennis and squash courts, cardio and weights gyms, playing fields and sports medicine center; plus great rowing, biking and running along riverside paths
- Nine globally-recognized research institutes and more than 100 specialist research centers, including Australia's largest marine research station on the Great Barrier Reef
What our students say
Learning to Walk on the Left Side of the Road
Home is Where Your Family Is
Safety Considerations as a Female Studying Abroad
Science: It’s Even Cooler Abroad – A Digital Story
Studying While Abroad – A Digital Story
Australia Makes Me Feel Beautiful
Bananas: A Digital Story
The IFSA-Butler Difference
Academics at University of Queensland Partnership
A full course load at University of Queensland is 8 credits for the semester (equivalent to 15-16 U.S. semester credit hours) and 16 credits for the year (equivalent to 30-32 U.S. semester credit hours). The number of courses you must take depends on the credit value of the courses. Choose courses in any combination of credit values, as long as their total value equals a full course load.
1 UQ credit = 2 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Students interested in an extremely rural and very independent semester can contact the program advisor for more information about University of Queensland Gatton Campus, a leading center for animal and veterinary science, food science/nutrition, agriculture and the environment.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA-Butler Team
IFSA-Butler has a dedicated team and staff who are here to help every student prepare and be ready to achieve their goals at every step of the way.