- Fall: April 1
- Spring: October 15
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of St. Andrews
Have the quintessential Scottish university experience studying on the coast. Take Organic Chemistry to stay on track with your Premedical requirements, or study Scottish history or politics to understand the at times contentious role of Scotland in Great Britain and the United Kingdom. Brave the "May Dip" into the North Sea, followed by a glamorous ball and make memories to last a lifetime at St. Andrews.
University of St. Andrews Benefits
- The University of St. Andrews offers two £4,000 scholarships each semester. Contact your IFSA program advisor for details on how to apply.
- Study in a student-friendly, beach town that is the birthplace of golf
- The oldest university in Scotland, founded in 1413, the University of St. Andrews is small enough to provide individual attention yet large enough to attain a high level of academic achievement
- Strong student life with traditions, such as the May Dip, that are over 600 years old
- The university offers the largest operational optical telescope in Britain, the most sophisticated lasers in Europe, a dedicated marine laboratory on site, and the world-renowned Centre for the Study of Terrorism and Violence
What our students say
Home Away from Home
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of St. Andrews Partnership
Looking for specific classes? Explore CHART, our exclusive class database — if the University of St. Andrews Program is pre-approved at your institution, you’ll find classes recently taken by other IFSA students.
Search for courses on the University of St. Andrews online course catalog.
At the University of St. Andrews, a full course load consists of 60 SCQF units per semester, equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours.
1 SCQF credit = .25 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!