- Fall: March 15—Extended to April 1
- Spring: October 1
YEAR OPTIONS: Students interested in calendar or academic year-long options should contact IFSA-Butler for deadlines, fees and more.
About University of Stirling
Picture yourself at Stirling, studying against a breathtaking backdrop of the Highland foothills. With a wide variety of module offerings, you will surely find what you are looking for as you begin your studies nestled within the "Gateway to the Highlands."
University of Stirling Benefits
- A liberal arts institution that ranks high among the world's new universities
- Modern, well-equipped buildings and student residences
- Excellent entertainment and athletic facilities, including an on-campus golf course and an arts center that offers excellent performances in drama, film, music and dance
- Small-town campus environment on the shores of a Scottish loch
- Campus beautifully set on the grounds of an 18-century castle with 310 acres of parkland and woods
What our students say
Community: Feeling at Home by Getting Involved While Abroad
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Stirling Partnership
Looking for specific classes? Explore CHART, our exclusive class database — if the University of Stirling's Program is pre-approved at your institution, you’ll find classes recently taken by other IFSA students.
Search for courses on the University of Stirling's online course catalog.
A full course load at Stirling is 60 credits for the semester (equivalent to 15 U.S. semester credit hours).
1 SCQF credit = .25 U.S. semester credit hours
Please review all your syllabi and course materials when you are registering for classes (both pre-arrival and on-site). Certain classes may have a one-off lab or field trip fee that is disclosed in the syllabus or first meeting of class. You will be responsible for these fees, whether they are billed and paid by IFSA or billed to you.
Housing & Meals
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!