- Summer: March 15-Extended to April 1
About University of Sussex Summer Program
Pick and choose or hone in on your favorite subject at the University of Sussex Undergraduate Summer School. This university offers an impressive range of courses across many subjects. Find your favorite reading spot on this environmentally award-winning campus, explore the surrounding South Downs National Park, or stroll by the sea at the famous Brighton Pier.
University of Sussex Summer Program Benefits
- Sussex has an international reputation for top quality research and innovative styles of teaching with a wide variety of academic offerings meant to be mixed and matched from several departments
- The university is organized into schools of study, which bring together related subject areas and provide academic, social and advising services
- Program is especially good for STEM majors — Life Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics and Technology modules are all designed and delivered by Sussex faculty
- Participate in the 'Student Life Programme' on campus, including activities, excursions, social events, and tours to nearby Brighton, voted the happiest city in the U.K. for students
- Hear what students say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRpdn-D3XQ
The IFSA Difference
Academics at University of Sussex Summer Program
Looking for specific classes? Explore CHART, our exclusive class database — if the University of Sussex Summer Program is pre-approved at your institution, you’ll find classes recently taken by other IFSA students.
Standard Sessions: Open the University of Sussex summer online course catalog.
You may only enroll in the courses that are posted in the summer online course catalog and for which you have met the prerequisites. You will enroll in one course per 3 week session for 4 U.S. semester credit hours each. Students who enroll in both sessions will earn 8 U.S. semester credit hours.
Physics Sessions: The University of Sussex offers one, 4-week physics module per session: Introductory Physics 1 in Session 1 and Introductory Physics 2 in Session 2. Students who enroll in Session 1 will earn 4 U.S. semester credit hours or 8 U.S. semester credit hours if enrolled in both sessions. Students can enroll in Session 2 only if an Introduction to Physics course has been completed prior to the start of Session 2. Read the Physics Summer School web page for information on specific skills and knowledge gained from each module offered.
Modules in the Physics Summer School fill up quickly: we recommend applying in January if you want to take physics courses at University of Sussex.
Housing & Meals
Accommodation is self-catered and you can buy groceries from the supermarket on campus. You'll share a kitchen with other students, with each kitchen stocked with cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery. You will also receive a weekly meal allowance which can be redeemed in food establishments on campus if you prefer not to cook.
The IFSA Team
IFSA has a dedicated team who are here to help you prepare to achieve your goals. Feel free to reach out. We are happy to answer your questions!